Thursday, July 07, 2005

a sad day

i still remember 9/11, I was in London, and shocked, and it was a strange experience to watch everything happen in my country from overseas, to try to reach people by phone and not get through, to stare in disbelief at the television and wonder what was coming next. I remember we didn't have a TV that worked well in the office and we walked to a pub on charing cross road to watch the footage.

Today I saw footage of the outside of that same pub, blocked off on Charing Cross Road, as the news blared a new terrorist attack, this time bombings in London.

It is an extremely sad and scary day, and I've been glued to the TV and internet for most of it. I have been working 2 days a week in London, going through Kings Cross where one of the bombs was, but luckily was staying in Cambridge today. I also used to live near Edgeware road tube, and my old flatmates were still there, one of them taking a train from Edgeware shortly before the explosion. I am very thankful that all of my friends so far, and our classmates who may have been in London, are ok. We do feel quite safe in Cambridge, but it's so terrible to see London, a city I love, damaged in such an evil way, and the terror and deaths of innocent people. I don't have much else to say sadly at this difficult time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home