Saturday, May 14, 2005

TOUCH!!

Just got back from our second MBA girls touch rugby practice. As mentioned previously, the European MBA Olympics are coming up (MBAT, see www.mbat2005.org). Being a class of only 104, we have, you might say, a small disadvantage competing against teams such as Insead with what, over 700 students per year?? And even LBS with between 200-300 students in each year of a 2-year program. I understand that LBS has a year-round women's touch rugby team that competes in the US and Europe. Hmmm, apparently the matches are drawn out of a hat.... here's hoping we avoid an early-competition clash with LBS!!

So we have 24 girls in the class from which to gather a touch rugby team. I have been somehow named 'captain', mainly because of my encouraging girls to sign up and pushing to create a team, but I've never played rugby in my life. I am proud to say we've gathered a team of 10 girls together though, and are slowly learning the rules. It has been a fun game to learn. The Americans (myself included) have to fight the urge to charge forward and pass forward... we have girls from Britain, America, Canada, New Zealand, Thailand, and China.

One of the guys team came along and said "girls rugby practice is more fun than guys rugby practice!" I'm sure the spontaneous laughter after every play was part of the fun... not that we don't play hard! Watch out at MBAT...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home