Friday, January 07, 2005

F & A nightmares....5 days to go

The latest upcoming event unfortunately is not another party. It is our Finance and Accounting exam, in my mind the biggest exam of the program. Less than one week to go, as I learn the differences between WACC and APV and pros and cons of each. Since I don’t have ANY finance background at all, this is a challenge. Luckily the class is very collaborative and everyone helps each other to study. In fact one of our investment banker classmates is volunteering to hold a 3-hour review session on Monday, which is a life-saving gift to many of us! I prefer this sort of class culture to a more cutthroat competitive one. Anyway I do like learning about stocks and dividends and trends in investing, and how investors react to management decisions such as issuing stock or debt for instance. Let’s just see how much I remember after the program! ;) Especially if I go back into for-profit education or something medical like pharmaceuticals.

So back to the books to learn about options…any advice anyone? Will let you know how exams go. Oh yeah, we do have one other exam, Organisational Behaviour (yes I am into British spellings these days), but no one is too worried about that, hope to cram a bit the last couple of days for that one.

At least I have my standard-issue all-important Cambridge study desk situated perfectly in my room, in front of the window overlooking the garden...perfect for daydreaming that is....watch the little birds fly around, notice the difference in views in winter with many bare trees...geez has anyone realized how WINDY it gets in Cambridge??? Ok better stop procrastinating now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home