Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Tea Time

What other country would you do an MBA in where you would take ‘Tea Breaks’ in the middle of lectures??? I remember thinking, this is quintessentially British; if I told friends at American MBAs that we take 30 minute tea breaks with the professors and class mates in the middle of nearly every lecture, they would probably laugh. By now it has become completely normal of course, and in fact the class starts to get quite antsy if it looks like the prof has ‘forgotten’ that it is tea time!

I remember when I first moved to England and someone offered me tea with milk, it sounded like the most repellent thing possible. I hesitantly sipped at it, and my brain suddenly decided I was drinking something equivalent to dirty dishwater….that was the end of that! But somehow over the years it has become an aquired taste, to the point that I actually crave tea with milk on many afternoons. Amazing for a girl who hardly knew what a kettle was before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home